Against the backdrop of budgetary cuts to the Arts, the last thing a gallery or museum needs is to pay out for a large loss.
Brownhill Insurance Group can source cost-effective and expert museum insurance for museums of all sizes. Our policies insure against Accidental Damage, Water Damage, Fire Damage, Damage in Transit, Theft, and Vandalism. We also provide Public Liability, Employee Liability and Professional Indemnity cover, as well as insurance for Directors and Officers. Cover can also be arranged for buildings, general contents and tenants improvements.
Brownhill Insurance Group will happily consider sponsorship and marketing partnerships with insured museums and will be pleased to help advertise a exhibitions and special events to our client-base. We can also add value to an educational programme by offering and arranging expertise in valuations, insurance and risk management for trustees, patrons and private collectors of art.
Our museum insurance policies can include cover for:
- Stock (works of art, collectables, gallery stock and reference library) against loss or damage whilst
- at your premises
- at exhibitions, trade fairs and auction houses (50% of art sum insured free of charge)
- at other locations
- in transit worldwide (including war and terrorism as per relevant International Underwriting Association clauses)
- Theft / Damage to Stock buildings following attempted and actual theft
- Buildings and Contents against accidental damage on a reinstatement basis (i.e. ‘new for old’)
- Business Interruption
- Money and Personal Assault
- Public (Third Party) Liability
- Products Liability
- Employers Liability
- Event insurance including Public Liability, Employers Liability, Event Property, Cancellation, Abandonment or Postponement cover.